Monday, September 9, 2013

How to survive a breakup, the end of the world and other natural disasters. The end

So I have been ever so slightly self-absorbed in the last couple of weeks - nay months. Two really good friends made me realise that the other day.

One made me realise that I can't carry on with my life by looking into the past. In my personal life I am trying ever so hard to look and move forward. To grow and become better and also to remember what it is about me that people liked in the first place.

Both friends have said the same thing, albeit for different reasons. Be you. And that is our final lesson.

Step 15: Be you

 
In all seriousness the biggest side effect of a breakup is losing yourself. A lot of people lose themselves when they are in a long term relationship. "I" becomes "we" and when we break up it is a long journey back to "I".
 
The most important part of healing is remembering who you are. I remembered some stuff about myself the other day.
 
I am a funny motherfucker. I like to dance. I write. I love my friends. I love sneakers. I drink too much sometimes. I am loud. I am brash. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am caring. I love with every single piece of my soul. I will try and fix you if you are broke. I tell jokes. I swear a lot. I don't read as much as I would like. I hold my friends hair when they throw up (girls). I hug my friends when they cry. I mend broken hearts. I am a good listener but a better talker. I am a very, very, very good kisser :-) - Come find out. I have tattoos. I love women. I want to be a dad. I like being the centre of attention. I like Star Wars and Back to the Future. I like house music. I like Michael Jackson. I like Frank Sinatra. I am moody. I bite my nails.I cry every time I watch Braveheart. My favourite film is Cinema Paradiso. I call my dad pops - we're tight now. I can be really naughty when I want to be and sometimes I take things too seriously.
 
I am ok.
 
I am the sum of all my parts.
 
 I am me.
 
I am enough.  
 
Who are you?
 
 

 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: So that's it. No more confessions. No more talking about breakups. It's back to blogging about beautiful women in beautiful dresses and stuff.  On that note - I fell in love yesterday. I have known her for ages and we have an on again off again relationship. Every year she pops up and reminds me that she is the girl for me and every year she disappears just as quicly as she appeared. But more of that later ...


No comments: