Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Why it's time to say goodbye

When I started this blog I was going through a major change in my life. I was moving to Joburg and was planning on starting a new life. In a a lot of ways I did that. I found new friends and old ones.  I fell in love a couple of times and I found new places to work.

Then things stalled and I started updating intermittently. But when I started up last year I did so as a coping mechanism. I was coping with a broken heart. I don't need to anymore. I mean my heart still gets broken but it's time for me to move on from writing that down here for everyone to see. My coping mechanism has served its purpose. There were days that writing this blog saved my life and there were days that it saved my soul. There are days that were the best I have ever had that are not captured here. But they are saved in my head - the most important  place.

There are lots of reasons why I don't need this anymore. I am growing up. I am learning to finally love myself. I am moving on to a new job. I am facing my demons and conquering them.

But the most important reason is that I don't need this anymore. It doesn't matter what happens I just don't.

I will continue to write, but, unless it's for a book they will be private musings,  quiet place to take solace, away from the internet. Maybe in the future I will start another blog to talk about other things but for now the state of my heart, whatever that ends up being, must remain private. My own, precious and nurtured.

So that's it then, Adios, vaya con dios, hamba kahle, see ya later, peace out, goodbye. It is done.

I will leave this up for a while for those of you who actually liked my blog and the stuff I wrote. For the rest of you I leave with you this. My favourite thing from the internet ever and pictures from some of my favourite memories here.
Cinema Paradiso

Breakups

What's better than a dress

Nothing...

Jamming in Jozi

Busting a motherf#ckin move

Wonderwoman

A girl

Audrey

Knitted fingers and bravery

Taking my own advice

Waltzing

Love

What ifs...

No comments: